Friday, February 15, 2008

Daddy's Little Disease Vectors

Sara and Julian are currently in the middle of viral crud #2. At least they had a few days where they were relatively back to normal. They actually don't mind being sick...they just keep smiling and laughing, with the occassional cough or sneeze mixed in. On the contrary, Melissa and I aren't dealing with it so well. Melissa lost her voice yesterday in the middle of seeing patients, and I'm battling a wicked sore throat today. Neither of us has been sick the past few years, since all of my patients are newborns who have never left the hosptial, and Melissa doesn't see acute sick visits as a developmental pediatrician. Our immune systems have been given a rude awakening this past month.Sara is now rolling from back to front consistently. She especially likes to do it in the middle of the night, and then scream hysterically because she can't get back over. Julian mostly chews on his fingers, and we think that it might be the start of teething. Julian is also turning into quite the little flirt and has all the ladies at daycare wrapped around his little finger (it doesn't help that he wears a onesie that says "Ladies Man" on it....thanks Aunt Holly).
Melissa and I had our first night out since the babies were born last Thursday (I know it was Valentine's Day, but we don't fuel the Hallmark machine by celebrating Valentine's Day). For Christmas, I bought Melissa tickets to see Martin Sexton here in Rochester, which was coincidentally on Valentine's Day. What I didn't realize was how hard it would be to find a babysitter on Valentine's Day, but we cashed in some baby shower gifts from coworkers and went to the concert. We had a great time. Martin is a phenomenal singer, with at least 4 octaves in his range. You know he's good when John Mayer says that Martin is who he listens to for songwriting inspiration. We had a few cocktails, and waitied around after the show to get a limited edition poster signed by Martin. He spelled my name right (with a K) but spelled Melissa with 2 L's. I mean really, who spells Melissa with 2 L's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love his shirt and I think they are adorable. I'm glad you had fun at the show...I can't wait to see you guys in May... I actually just organized my medicine cabinet and hung a shamrock wreath on my door that says WELCOME!!!! Please come in and look through my bathroom drawers!! and yes! please eat the cookies I baked for you!! I had way more fun buying a house than selling one:-)

Courtney said...

More pictures, please.